ABC Promise Partnership
Don’t Drop the Top: Trade your caps for a bench!
The ABC PROGRAM is a cap and lid program specifically designed by school children, for school children. It is to be a tool in the hands of teachers to teach children about caring for the earth and green living.
It must be put through children’s hands and someone must be responsible to see that it is a learning experience for them. (Kids from Daycare through University level)
Children promise to send caps that have been sorted by them to remove metal and any other debris. Green Tree Plastics promises to put their caps into ABC bench.
- ORIGIN: ABC was designed for school children by a team of 6 eighth graders in March 2010, as their entry in a nation-wide academic competition in community problem solving.
- PURPOSE: This “partnership” between children and Green Tree Plastics is specifically to be a tool for teaching about caring for the earth.
- OWNERSHIP: The bench is to belong to the children; it is to be placed where they want it to be
placed so they can show others the results of their work and the value of recycling.
- It will be a learning experience for the kids.
- The kids will be the PRIMARY WORKERS in the collecting, sorting and tallying of the weight.
- Sorting will be supervised by the MENTOR to guarantee NO METAL or other foreign objects (NO lid or cap over 8″ in diameter, NO unacceptable plastic parts and pieces that is not a cap or lid on the acceptable caps list form.)
Information & Registration
- The District is partnering with Green Tree Plastics to sponsor the project for any willing District participants.
- To register for the ABC Promise Partnership go to https://www.greentreeplastics.com/abc-program/
- Then email completed registrations to our Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org