Master Recycler Program
The Master Recycler Program offers recycling enthusiasts an in-depth study of recycling practices on in the grand scale and how it trickles down into our own community.
Learn from innovative leaders about various topics including recycling and landfill facility operations, reuse of local resources, food waste and composting, water quality and litter prevention, alternatives to household hazardous waste (HHW), and electronic waste.
The program include tours of local facilities such as the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), landfill, HHW reclamation sites and reuse facilities to better understand how these processes and systems work.
The program works to create advocates for recycling, after gaining in-depth knowledge of the Recycling District’s programs and local establishments, who can apply their expanded knowledge to affect habits at home, at work and in the community. Join the growing community of Master Recyclers networking, sharing knowledge and making a difference in the community.
- Provide comprehensive training in solid waste management practices and related sustainability issues.
- Improve overall understanding and participation in Recycling District programs.
- Empower participants to reduce waste.
- Culture productive partnerships in the local community.
- Develop volunteer educators that represent the District and its mission by
- Provide service learning and volunteer opportunities.
- The 2018 course has been completed, please see back for 2019 dates.
- Must be 18 years or older. (The District would consider a 17-year- old if accompanied with a parent or designated guardian.)
- Must be a resident of Stark, Tuscarawas or Wayne County OR an individual working in a District business/institution OR a student attending college within the District.
- A course fee is required to cover the cost of food, miscellaneous supplies, transportation. (Financial assistance is available – contact the District office.)
- Must be willing to volunteer at least 20 hours at various events (farmers markets, festivals, litter clean-ups, etc.) to receive official certification.
Master Recycler Application
Applications are closed at this time. Thank you for your interest in the Master Recycler Program!